You’ve probably already seen them: those purple-colored grow lights designed to grow vegetables indoors. Indoor farmers used to (or some still) buy them because there are told that these are more efficient. Yet, recent discoveries have shown that this might not always be the case.
I will take you back to a tea-time moment we had a few years back with the professors of BioScience at the University of Ghent. They made it very clear that there would be a shift towards white full-spectrum light, and that is, for a couple of reasons:
- Grow anything: plants, being even more complex than human beings, need different nutrients, watering schemes, temperatures and spectrum requirements. You can’t grow a diverse plant portfolio with a non diverse spectrum.
- Grow in any stage: where researchers are still arguing about what light is best for which particular stage of plant growth, one thing is certain: full-spectrum has it all, just like the sun.
- Everything starts from seed: the success of your plant’s growth comes from the seed itself. Where the seeds farmed with full-spectrum light or purple light? This has a major impact.
Besides that, there are some other sweet benefits of full-spectrum light:
“It is much more pleasant to work with full spectrum light compared to purple colored lightening: You can see how your plants are developing. Under purple lightening it is hard to see whether they are healthy and spot potential diseases, which is of course key to the success of your harvest.”
–Tom from Pacha Greens
Compared to other grow-lights, Bloom is the only system for farmers that is a sustainable solution:
- It has the longest lifespan as they have a unique printed circuit board where the LED-chips are placed on
- Even after-life service is great: replacement of the bloom-prints can be done at a very low charge
- At Bloom we care about the CRI (Color Rendering Index). We have museum grade light-chips for your plants and you to get the best experience possible.
- Optimal cooling designed by the unique aluminum profile
- No glue nor plastic used to make the system last for more then 100 years.
- Bloom is a super modular system and very easy to install (and re-organize) in any farm!
At Mother it is our mission to make the world more self-sufficient. We develop tools to grow local and thereby support the short food supply chain. In September we launched Bloom, the first professional full spectrum light that mimics the natural sunlight.